Key contributor in growing successful e-commerce companies with a history of increasing responsibilities and delivering value. Proven leader in fast-moving environment with expertise in product information management, master data, content management, site merchandising, testing & experimentation, mobile web & apps experiences, agile & scrum, interactive prototyping, data analysis and omni-channel retailing initiatives.
Director, Product Management, 2020 – Present
Leading Unified PLM (UPLM) product for global item and product information management, sourced though multiple suppliers channels.
Senior Product Manager, 2016 – 2020
Ideated Unified PLM product for global item and product information management, sourced though multiple suppliers channels, mastered by Fanatics teams and published across multiple catalogs and selling channels.
- Ideated Unified PLM product for global item and product information management, sourced though multiple suppliers channels, mastered by Fanatics teams and published across multiple catalogs and selling channels.
- Creating data standards/governance through multiple taxonomies and classifications, profiling data to identify, alert and action on data issues through automated process.
- Designed, implement and extending centralized repository for core Master data with platform based Protobufs, GRPC and code-gen with integrated workflow engine and multiple consumption options for data consumers.
- Extended platform with Sports Data as use case drivers for Marketing/CRM incremental sales through triggered game outcomes, supplemented Data Science signals with stats, injuries and accolades, enhanced In-Venue reporting with attendance and weather.
- Lead RFP and analysis for PIM project, goal to replatform product creation and integrate suppliers, resulted in Bake Off and final selection.
E-commerce Product Manager, 2014 – 2016
Overseeing E-Commerce platform, vision, customer experience, site merchandising and development of Tea Collection driving 30% annual growth for the San Francisco-based kids’ clothing company.
- Managing team identifying internal efficiencies and delivering roadmap growth initiatives focus on improving product setup, mobile shopping experience, optimizing site merchandising by delivering E-commerce platform enhancements (featured shops, faceted navigation, search management) and front-end site experiences (Mix & Match, unified search & browse, site and product page redesign).
- Optimizing product setup workflow with task management and introducing rules-driven product attribution to automate on-site search attributes, product copy and size charts. Resulted in ensuring on-time site product refreshes and improving ability to respond to supporting various promotions, sales and events.
- Developed category performance and on-site search reports to analyze customer journey of browsing and shopping session analytics. Recaps presented to internal Creative, Marketing and Merchandising stakeholders and resulted optimizing department landing page design with grid layout, featured shops and "Looks good with" related products.
- Instituted A/B testing to experiment and iterate side changes using Monetate, Google Analytics and Crazy Egg visualization. Developed working group and KPI dashboards providing clear insights to test effectiveness.
- Lead E-Commerce Platform RFP initiative with stakeholders, defining project goals, soliciting requirements, authored user stores, oversaw UI wire frame creation and feature prioritization. Project to leverage responsive site design to improve creative asset delivery across multiple break points.
Product Manager, ShopStyle, 2012 – 2013
Oversaw product road map for ShopStyle, a global fashion discovery shopping e-commerce startup driving over $500 Million in affiliate e-commerce business.
- Managed key projects for search improvement, product reviews, curated shops, multiple site redesigns, internationalization, POPSUGAR rebranding, and various shopping experience optimizations for user experience, SEO, tablet, mobile web, email, performance and social to increase KPIs.
- Championed mobile app roadmap for iOS and Android devices, managing cross-platform releases, and responding to customer feedback.
- Instituted A/B testing and KPI dashboards providing clear insights to effectiveness using Adobe Analytics (Reports & Analytics and Ad Hoc) and Crazy Egg visualization.
Macys.com, a division of Macy’s Inc.
Manager, Product Management, 2011 – 2012
- Oversaw strategic road map for asset management application suite supporting both Macys.com & Bloomingdales.com as key subject matter for accelerated growth initiatives.
- Managed team of product managers, supporting multiple projects including omni-channel retailing, unified navigation, search engine administration, in-context preview, SEO, faceted navigation, international shipping, usability enhancements and enterprise data migrations.
- Championed agile transition with stakeholder working groups and introduced story time sessions for project leads. Resulted in well-defined user stories and prioritized product backlog prior to design storming and estimation sessions.
Product Manager, 2010 – 2011
- Key team member for numerous projects including: Enterprise product information management system (PIM), product data standardization, faceted navigation, Macy’s Wedding & Gift Registry, product videos, and usability enhancements.
- Conducted focus groups with key user groups to improve overall user experience.
- Developed prototypes for business stakeholders to preview features and provide feedback prior to development.
- Assisted in transitioning teams from waterfall process to agile development methodology using Scrum.
Senior Business Analyst, 2008 – 2010
- Primary business analyst managing the Macys.com enterprise product information management system known as "Stella" effectively translating business and customer requirements into functional requirements.
- Implemented product data standardization system to support faceted navigation optimizing customer experience.
- Developed interactive prototypes for business stakeholders to preview features and provide feedback prior to development.
- Oversaw daily operations of legacy product information and content management system supporting Macys.com known as “OZ”.
- Managed multiple projects from inception to release for enhancements, bug-fixes, and data migrations.
- Owner of the registry experience for MacysWeddingChannel.com, prioritized project roadmap, managed site enhancements and content updates.
- Oversaw migration of 70,000 customer registries after acquisition of May Department Stores writing business requirements for successful transition.
- Oversaw two email programs, MacysWeddingChannel.com and THISIT.com.
- Increased click-through rate by implementing image-map linking strategy.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Scrum Alliance
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Scrum Alliance
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Scrum Alliance
- Webmaster of The Auburn Plainsman serving 2001-2005, online version of student newspaper.