Only In San Francisco
- Gymkhana 5, Ken Block Races on the Streets of San Francisco – action sportsmaster Ken Block drives a 650 horsepower Ford Fiesta race car on the streets of San Francisco. Highlights include a jump over the top of Taylor Street in Russian Hill and a run up Vermont Street (the lesser known but windier cousin of Lombard Street).
- Bring Your Own Big Wheel – The annual Bring Your Own Big Wheel race in San Francisco held every Easter Sunday.
- DeLorean hovercraft – Zipping around McCovey Cove near AT&T Park
- New York City vs. San Francisco, A Disposition Comparison Webcomic – Parody census of similar and differing traits, in the form of common phrases you might hear as disposition levels on a scale.
- St. Stupid’s Day Parade in San Francisco – Annual parade organized by The First Church of the Last Laugh.
- OldSF – Historic city photos from the San Francisco Public Library plotted onto Google Maps.
- Reel SF – San Francisco movie locations from classic films.
- San Francisco Yesterday 1948–1958 – A Photo Exhibition at San Francisco International Airport.
- Sunday May 24th, 1987 – John Law’s photos from Marin Tower Golden Gate Bridge.
- History of SF Place Names
- Bay Bridge Construction Time-Lapse, 2009-2012 – Three years of construction on the new East Span of the San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge are condensed into just over two minutes in this time-lapse by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- The Bay Lights – Eight times the scale of the Eiffel Tower’s 100th Anniversary lighting, The Bay Lights spans 1.8 miles, consisting of 25,000 energy-efficient white LEDs, individually designed and programmed, sparkling in an array of never-repeating designs each evening for two years.
- Stamen Here – Interactive 3D Maps of San Francisco.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Oakland – Offers East Bay alternatives to favorite San Francisco places. The guide was created by Sarah Verena Kleinman of The Bold Italic.
- 21 Club – Frank the bar man bartends is one of Esquire’s Best Bars in America.
- Ha-Ra – Old guy dive bar and one of the coolest bars in town.
- Maggie McGarry’s – Live music, Irish bar.
- Mr. Bing’s – Formerly bartended one of SF’s best bartenders, Bruce Bing.
- Owl Tree – Used to be one of the weirdest bars with many stuffed owls adorning the walls.
- The Saloon – Dirty, live music and a very diverse crowd.
Brewers (Made in San Francisco)
- 21st Amendment – Perfect place to meet up before any Giants game.
- Anchor – Steam brewed since 1896.
- Speakeasy – Best IPAs in SF.
- 40 Bars in 4 Days – The Troop is hits up San Francisco with the most Rhino Bar Crawl Ever!!! 40 Bars in 4 Nights!
- 30 Bars in 3 Days – Celebrating Davy’s birthday, 30 in 3 style!
- Fade Train Pub Crawl – The CalTrain Bar Crawl from Mountain View and Back!
- Chrissy’s 28th Birthday – Chrissy birthday with Flight School at St. George Spirits and a finish at Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge.
- SF Santarchy & Santacon 2011 – Imagine a potent all-you-can-eat buffet of San Francisco’s riches laid bare before you. On 12/10/2012, Santa will be hitting that buffet again and again. A small plate of the Marina. A steaming pile of Polk street. Santa will provide you with a menu. Feel free to mix and match. And have seconds.
- SF Santarchy & Santacon 2009
- Best of Foursquare – San Francisco – Includes a Best of Burrito Places category.
- Caffe Sapore – Order the Bomb.
- Elephant Sushi – Flaming Seabass served over a blue flame, a cool experience in and of itself.
- Kennedy’s Irish Pub & Curry House – Delicious chicken tikka masala and a huge beer selection.
- Leopold’s – Das Boot, jagdwurst, schnitzel and kasespatzle.
- Scoma’s – Great Cioppino, wonderful seafood and a fantastic Bay Area sports room.
- Sodini’s Green Valley – The best old school italian food in North Beach.
- Zarzuela – Best spanish food in the city.