only in san francisco
- Gymkhana 5, Ken Block Races on the Streets of San Francisco -Â action sportsmasterÂ Ken BlockÂ drives a 650 horsepower Ford Fiesta race car on the streets of San Francisco.Â Â Highlights include a jump over the top of Taylor Street in Russian Hill and a run up Vermont Street (the lesser known but windier cousin of Lombard Street).
- Bring Your Own Big Wheel – TheÂ annual Bring Your Own Big Wheel race in San Francisco held every Easter Sunday.
- DeLorean hovercraftÂ – Zipping around McCovey Cove near AT&T Park
- New York City vs. San Francisco, A Disposition Comparison WebcomicÂ -Â Parody census of similar and differing traits, in the form of common phrases you might hear as disposition levels on a scale.
- St. Stupidâ€™s Day Parade in San Francisco – Annual paradeÂ organized by The First Church of the Last Laugh.
- OldSFÂ – Historic city photos from the San Francisco Public Library plotted onto Google Maps.
- Reel SFÂ -Â San Francisco movie locations from classic films.
- San Francisco Yesterday 1948â€“1958 – A Photo Exhibition at San Francisco International Airport.
- Sunday May 24th, 1987Â – John Law’s photos fromÂ Marin Tower Golden Gate Bridge.
- History of SF Place Names
- Bay Bridge Construction Time-Lapse, 2009-2012 -Â Three years of construction on the new East Span of theÂ San Franciscoâ€“Oakland Bay BridgeÂ are condensed into just over two minutes in thisÂ time-lapseÂ by theÂ Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- The Bay Lights – Eight times the scale of the Eiffel Towerâ€™s 100th Anniversary lighting, The Bay Lights spans 1.8 miles, consisting of 25,000 energy-efficient white LEDs, individually designed and programmed, sparkling in an array of never-repeating designs each evening for two years.
- Stamen Here – Interactive 3D Maps of San Francisco.
- A Beginnerâ€™s Guide to OaklandÂ – Offers East Bay alternatives to favorite San Francisco places. The guide was created byÂ Sarah Verena KleinmanÂ ofÂ The Bold Italic.
- 21 Club – Frank the bar man bartends is one of Esquire’s Best Bars in America.
- Ha-Ra -Â Old guy dive bar and one of the coolest bars in town.
- Maggie McGarry’s – Live music, Irish bar.
- Mr. Bing’s – Formerly bartendedÂ one of SF’s best bartenders, Bruce Bing.
- Owl Tree – Used to be one of the weirdest bars with many stuffed owls adorning the walls.
- The Saloon – Dirty, live music and a very diverse crowd.
brewers (made in san francisco)
- 21st AmendmentÂ – Perfect place to meet up before any Giants game.
- Anchor – Steam brewed since 1896.
- Speakeasy – Best IPAs in SF.
- 40 Bars in 4 Days -Â The Troop is hits up San Francisco with the most Rhino Bar Crawl Ever!!! 40 Bars in 4 Nights!
- 30 Bars in 3 Days – Celebrating Davy’s birthday, 30 in 3 style!
- Fade Train Pub Crawl – The CalTrain Bar Crawl fromÂ MountainÂ View and Back!
- Chrissy’s 28th Birthday – Chrissy birthday with Flight School atÂ St. George Spirits and a finish atÂ Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge.
- SF Santarchy & Santacon 2011 -Â Imagine a potent all-you-can-eat buffet of San Franciscoâ€™s riches laid bare before you. On 12/10/2012, Santa will be hitting that buffet again and again. A small plate of the Marina. A steaming pile of Polk street. Santa will provide you with a menu. Feel free to mix and match. And have seconds.
- SF Santarchy & Santacon 2009
- Best of Foursquare – San FranciscoÂ -Â Â Includes a Best of Burrito Places category.
- Caffe Sapore – Order the Bomb.
- Elephant Sushi -Â Flaming Seabass served over a blue flame, a cool experience in and of itself.
- Kennedy’s Irish Pub & Curry House -Â Delicious chicken tikka masala andÂ a huge beer selection.
- Leopold’s -Â Das Boot, jagdwurst,Â schnitzel and kasespatzle.
- Scoma’s -Â Great Cioppino, wonderful seafood and a fantastic Bay Area sports room.
- Sodini’s Green ValleyÂ – The best old school italian food in North Beach.
- Zarzuela – Best spanish food in the city.